Sunday, November 30, 2008

Yellow Submarine



For my headpiece I have decided to continue with the underwater theme that I have been developing in both 3d spatial (Stacy) and Invite and Gift (Clea).
  At first I thought that I would try something rather ornate with a plaster  of paris and chicken wire base and extruded latex inserts to indicate coral etc. but fearing that the weight of the thing would become cumbersome at best have decided to go with a simpler turban like affair with an eel like demon peeping from it's apex. The surreal underwater theme is to be developed by the application of coral like growths around the eyes and glass "air bubbles" rising from the mouth.
Make up will be of gold and bronze and the whole thing liberally dusted with glitter to indicate phosphorescence. 

No comments: